Women have specific nutritional needs. Women need extra nutritional support during various physiological transitions such as puberty, monthly menstruation, pregnancy, lactation, and menopause. Women are also affected more than men by different health problems such as autoimmune diseases, arthritis, osteoporosis, and depression. It is not surprising that at different stages of life women benefit from properly selected micronutrients to assure the optimum function of cells building the nervous, immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine systems. Despite popular belief that heart disease is a problem for men only, one in four menopausal women die from heart disease making it the number one health concern.
A woman’s requirements for specific micronutrients also increase during illness and stress, in smokers, and with the use oral contraceptives and other pharmaceutical drugs. Therefore, maintaining optimum balance between these demands and nutrient supply is critical to maintain a healthy life.
The Women’s Health Pack I consists of Dr. Rath’s Synergy Formulas specifically designed and combined to address micronutrient requirements for women at their physiologically challenging life stages. It contains the synergistic composition of specific micronutrients to nourish the cells involved in female metabolism, particularly during menstruation and menopause.
- Vitamins C, B5, and B6, iodine, soy isoflavones, and selenium are particularly important in all aspects of hormonal functions and metabolism. Vitamins B5 and B6 are important for healthy adrenal function which affect cortisol, progesterone, and estrogen levels involved in metabolic aspects of female development and stress response. Pregnancy, lactation, and oral contraceptive use increase the risk of deficiency of vitamins C and B.
- Iodine is an essential trace mineral for the production of thyroid hormones, which affect the metabolism of the entire body.
- Vitamin C, lysine, and proline are critical for healthy collagen formation which is particularly important for the cardiovascular system as it gives strength and flexibility to the heart and blood vessels. Vitamin C is also involved in cholesterol metabolism and beneficial in maintaining healthy Lp(a), LDL and HDL blood levels.
- Vitamins B3, B6, B12 and folic acid help in replenishing of menstrual blood loss, provide resources of bioenergy molecules and healthy regeneration of blood components.
Health advantage offered by “Nutrient Synergy” formulas in the Health Pack:
- Better effectiveness compared to using one ingredient or their random combinations.
- Carefully selected moderate doses of ingredients eliminate the need for mega-doses, and allows to maintain cellular metabolism in balance.
- Synergy helps to correct underlying micronutrient deficiencies essential for maintaining healthy body functions.