recommendations, please contact our nutritionist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Description:Consistently high levels of blood sugar can lead to serious damage of the blood vessels affecting many organs including the heart, brain, and kidneys as well as the eyes and feet.
Maintaining optimum glucose level in the blood is vital and it is tightly controlled by our body mechanisms. Research shows that a multitude of micronutrients are important in maintaining optimum sugar utilization and metabolism. One of them is vitamin C which structurally resembles a sugar molecule. It is important to note this similarity as this is the key in understanding various metabolic complications.
Due to their structural similarity, both glucose and vitamin C molecules use the same biological gates in the cell membranes to enter inside the cells. Therefore, increased blood sugar levels lead to increased uptake of sugar molecules into the cells and as a result to a decreased uptake of vitamin C with negative health consequences. In addition to vitamin C, other vitamins, minerals and selected plant extracts have also been proven to assist in sugar metabolism.
The Blood Sugar Support Pack II contains Dr. Rath’s scientifically formulated and tested synergy formulas that support key cellular mechanisms for optimum sugar utilization and metabolism. Micronutrients in these formulas provide a broad spectrum of biological effects aiming at maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and protecting against the harmful effects of excess sugar.
- Vitamin C, E and the B group of vitamins are critical in correcting the imbalances caused by increased blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin C is an essential micronutrient as it is not produced in the body. It maintains integrity of the blood vessels and helps to restore the balance between vitamin C and sugar metabolism inside the cells and prevent further complications.
- The B complex vitamins help support the metabolism of the pancreas and liver and provide cellular energy.
- Minerals such as magnesium, chromium, and vanadium aid to optimize glucose and insulin metabolism and play a role in increasing insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea and cinnamon extracts can mimic the action of insulin in the body thereby helping reduce the blood glucose levels. In addition, they provide antioxidant protection and improve cellular insulin sensitivity.
- Dr. Rath’s PhytobiolgicalsTM Synergy Formula provides biologically active plant compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Compounds in this unique formula work in synergy providing a broad spectrum of health benefits.
To see the ingredients in each Synergy Formula, click on PRODUCTS in the green banner, then the individual Synergy Formula, then Supplement Facts.