Healthy skin is a sign of general health. The skin is the largest organ in the body and is a mirror of the health of the internal organs. The skin can reflect hormonal imbalances, inflammatory conditions, an excess of toxins, and functions of the cardiovascular, digestive and nervous systems. Poor diet, environmental pollutants, and exposure to ultraviolet rays can cause lasting damage to the skin cells and can result in early signs of aging.
Collagen is important for healthy skin. The middle layer of the skin called the dermis is made up of blood vessels, nerves, and collagen fibers that give it firmness and elasticity. Collagen makes about one-third of all body proteins and is abundant in skin. Its formation decreases with age and excessive oxidative damage of its structure leads to wrinkles and sagging of the skin. The signs of decreasing collagen production in the body are loss of muscle mass and skin thickness.
This Skin Essentials Pack II contains Dr. Rath’s scientifically formulated and tested Synergy Formulas. The micronutrients in these formulas support production of healthy collagen for healthy skin as well as maintaining the health of other organ systems.
- Vitamin C, Lysine, and Proline are critical micronutrients for formation of strong and healthy collagen and maintaining skin vitality. Both vitamin C and lysine are not produced in the human body and their deficiencies are likely. Proline synthesis is often limited and does not meet the body’s demands for this important amino acid.
- Micronutrients including the B group of vitamins, vitamin E, and minerals such as selenium and zinc, are equally essential for improving blood flow and nourishment to the skin, overall repair and regeneration of skin cells and protection from various skin damaging factors.
- Plant extracts are well known for their skin benefits in preventing the signs of aging, skin infections, and supporting wound healing. The synergistic combination of curcumin, quercetin, resveratrol, green tea and cruciferous vegetable extracts offers a broad spectrum of benefits due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxifying properties which protect against free radical damage caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays, cigarette smoke and other harmful factors.
- The four bioavailable forms of vitamin C with citrus fruit peel bioflavonoids in the Dr. Rath VitaCforte™ Synergy Formula provide added vitamin C and help protect biological membranes from oxidative damage.
Health advantage offered by “Nutrient Synergy” formulas in the Health Pack:
- Better effectiveness compared to using one ingredient or their random combinations.
- Carefully selected moderate doses of ingredients eliminate the need for mega-doses, and allows to maintain cellular metabolism in balance.
- Synergy helps to correct underlying micronutrient deficiencies essential for maintaining healthy body functions.