The heart is the hardest working organ in our body. It contracts and relaxes 100,000 times a day, pumping approximately 2,000 gallons of blood. The heart muscle uses tremendous amounts of energy in the form of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) to function properly. The cardiac cells produce energy by burning fat and sugar. However, this biological fuel cannot be converted into energy molecules without specific vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients. These essential catalysts for the bioenergy cycle need to be continuously supplied in our diet.
The heart and oxidative stress. Continuously contracting heart muscle cells have high oxygen consumption and are constantly exposed to oxidative stress and cell damage. Therefore, it is important to provide an optimum supply of antioxidant micronutrients for cell protection from oxidative stress.
The essential micronutrients which are critical for optimum heart function and general health and longevity must be carefully selected and synergistically combined. Intake of random combinations of supplements may often create or aggravate other nutrient imbalances.
The Energy Support Health Pack I contains scientifically designed and clinically tested synergistic formulas developed to provide nutritional support to the hard-working cardiac cells.
- The Dr. Rath Cardio Multivitamin Synergy Formula is a unique multi-nutrient combination for optimizing function of the cardiovascular system and promoting integrity of the blood vessel walls. This formula is a synergistic combination of over 30 micronutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other natural compounds.
- The Dr. Rath Healthy Heart Energy Synergy Formula contains a clinically tested combination of vitamin C, the B vitamins, the amino acid carnitine, and coenzyme Q10 to support optimum heart performance and protect the cells against oxidative stress. Among these, vitamin C, B1 and other B group vitamins are essential catalysts for bioenergy production supporting proper contraction and relaxation of the heart muscle cells. A deficiency of vitamin B1 (thiamine) can lead to a serious heart condition. Coenzyme Q10 is a vital component in the generation of ATP in cell power plants – the mitochondria - and antioxidant protection. Carnitine is needed to transport fatty acids into the heart mitochondria to generate energy. Calcium, magnesium, and taurine are critical for healthy contractions of the heart muscle cells and conducting nerve impulses to generate a regular and strong heartbeat.
- Vitamin C has a critical role in bioenergy production, healthy heart muscle function and antioxidant defense. Dr. Rath’s VitaCforte™ Synergy Formula contains four highly bioavailable forms of vitamin C with citrus fruit peel bioflavonoids for additional benefits.
To see the ingredients in each Synergy Formula, click on PRODUCTS in the green banner, then the individual Synergy Formula, then Supplement Facts.
Health advantage offered by “Nutrient Synergy” formulas in the Health Pack:
- Better effectiveness compared to using one formula or just randomly combining various supplements.
- Carefully selected and tested moderate doses of ingredients in each formula support each other’s efficacy without the need for mega-doses of nutrients, and as such allow maintaining cellular metabolism in balance.
- Synergistic interactions between nutrients result in increased efficacy and maintaining metabolic balance - the basis of healthy body functions.