Dr. Rath VitaCforte Synergy Formula is an essential part of any dietary program. It was developed to provide a balanced source of vitamin C and citrus fruit peel bioflavonoids, which have a protective effect on vitamin C.
Dr. Rath VitaCforte can be taken together with any of our Cellular Health™ Formulas. It enhances the body's natural ability to promote cellular integrity and optimum function.
Unlike many other vitamin C supplements, Dr. Rath VitaCforte provides balanced forms of vitamin C, providing support for all cellular and extra-cellular components. Two of the less acidic forms of vitamin C, magnesium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate, make Dr. Rath VitaCforte easier on stomach.
In addition, Dr. Rath VitaCforte also contains a novel form of vitamin C, ascorbyl palmitate. This fat-soluble form of vitamin C helps in protection of biological membranes and/or lipid rich cellular components.
Vitamin C is a critical nutrient for several metabolic processes in our body to maintain optimum health. It is especially important to supplement vitamin C because this vitamin is not produced in human body.*
Some of the functions of Vitamin C are:
- Essential for the production of collagen, the main protein of the human body that makes up our connective tissue, cartilage and tendons.
- Supports strong extracellular matrix formation. This is the 'glue' that binds body cells together.
- Vitamin C is one of the most important antioxidants and is also responsible for the biological recycling of vitamin E, glutathione, and other cell protective molecules.
- Vitamin C helps neutralize toxins and other harmful substances in the body.
- Vitamin C plays a vital role in supporting the body's immune system.
- It is involved in the breakdown of cholesterol into bile acids and improves bio-energy production by the cells.
- It is necessary for the synthesis of carnitine, the molecule that carries fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be oxidized to yield energy.
- It optimizes the functions of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous and most other systems in the body.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.