Vitamin C is an indispensable nutrient for maintaining optimum health. It has vital functions in human body including supporting various aspects of cellular metabolism. Humans, unlike most animals, are unable to synthesize vitamin C endogenously, which makes it an essential dietary component.
Vitamin C is regarded as a key molecule for cellular metabolism. It participates in many vital body processes including:
- Production of collagen, the main protein that makes up the connective tissue, skin, blood vessels, bones, cartilage and tendons.
- Formation of a strong extracellular matrix, which is the “glue” that binds the body’s cells together.
- Protection against oxidative damage. Vitamin C is one of the most important antioxidants and is also involved in the biological recycling of vitamin E, glutathione, and other cell protective molecules.
- Neutralization of toxins and other harmful substances in the body.
- Mitochondrial bio-energy metabolism.
- Supporting the immune system.
- Breakdown of cholesterol into bile acids.
- Synthesis of carnitine, the molecule that carries fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be oxidized to yield energy.
- Optimization of functions of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous and most other systems in the body.
The ingredients in Dr. Rath’s VitaCforteTM have been combined in accordance with the scientific principles to support their respective functions in various aspects of cellular metabolism.
Dr. Rath’s VitaCforte Synergy Formula contains different forms of highly bioavailable vitamin C enriched with citrus fruit peel bioflavonoids. Two of the less acidic forms of vitamin C, magnesium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate, provide essential minerals and make Dr. Rath’s VitaCforte easier on the stomach. Additionally, ascorbyl palmitate, a fat-soluble form of vitamin C, helps in protection of biological membranes and lipid-rich cellular components.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.