Dr. Rath VitaCforte Synergy Formula is an essential part of any dietary program. It was developed to provide a balanced source of vitamin C and citrus fruit peel bioflavonoids, which have a protective effect on vitamin C.
Dr. Rath VitaCforte can be taken together with any of our Cellular Health Formulas. It enhances the body's natural ability to promote cellular integrity and optimum function.
Unlike many other vitamin C supplements, Dr. Rath VitaCforte provides balanced forms of vitamin C, providing support for all cellular and extra-cellular components. Two of the less acidic forms of vitamin C, magnesium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate, make Dr. Rath VitaCforte easier on stomach.
In addition, Dr. Rath VitaCforte also contains a novel form of vitamin C, ascorbyl palmitate. This fat-soluble form of vitamin C helps in protection of biological membranes and/or lipid rich cellular components.
Vitamin C is a critical nutrient for several metabolic processes in our body to maintain optimum health. It is especially important to supplement vitamin C because this vitamin is not produced in human body.*
Some of the functions of Vitamin C are:
- Essential for the production of collagen, the main protein of the human body that makes up our connective tissue, cartilage and tendons.
- Supports strong extracellular matrix formation. This is the 'glue' that binds body cells together.
- Vitamin C is one of the most important antioxidants and is also responsible for the biological recycling of vitamin E, glutathione, and other cell protective molecules.
- Vitamin C helps neutralize toxins and other harmful substances in the body.
- Vitamin C plays a vital role in supporting the body's immune system.
- It is involved in the breakdown of cholesterol into bile acids and improves bio-energy production by the cells.
- It is necessary for the synthesis of carnitine, the molecule that carries fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be oxidized to yield energy.
- It optimizes the functions of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous and most other systems in the body.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.