The importance of healthy eyes cannot be overestimated. Healthy vision is an integral part of general health. Our eyes are integrated with the function of the brain and the other parts of the body through thousands of communication channels that involve many types of cells and function together as a visual system. Coordinated function of all these elements requires specific cellular nutrients.
Vitamin deficiency underlies many vision problems. More than 80% of partial or complete blindness that affect millions of people all over the world can be prevented. Vitamin A deficiency is the most common cause of blindness in developing countries. In the developed world, the majority of cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy problems are age-related and relate to micronutrient deficiency. The risk factors for these eye complications include chronic diseases, smoking, medications, exposure to ultraviolet rays, excessive screen time, toxic chemicals, and exposure to pollutants - all of which are related to cellular depletion of essential micronutrients required for eye health.
The Vision Support Pack II contains Dr. Rath’s Synergy Formulas which are scientifically formulated and tested to support eye health and the organs involved in the healthy vision process.
- Vitamins A and C, lutein, zeaxanthin, beta carotene, zinc, and bioflavonoids are essential nutrients for the proper functioning of the cells building the retina and other eye components.
- The amino acid cysteine, vitamins C and E, and lipoic acid work in synergy to protect functions of the optic nerve.
- Vitamin C content in the eyes naturally decreases with age. This important nutrient is not produced in our body, but it is required to ensure optimum collagen production to support the blood vessels providing nutrients to the eyes. Vitamin C helps in reduction of ocular pressure.
- The synergistic action of vitamin C along with arginine and vitamin E, help in contraction and relaxation of the ciliary muscles required for focusing of the eyes.
- Green tea extract, quercetin and other antioxidants aid in prevention of damage to cells of the visual system caused by external strain and pollutants.
Health advantage offered by “Nutrient Synergy” formulas in the Health Pack:
- Better effectiveness compared to using one ingredient or their random combinations.
- Carefully selected moderate doses of ingredients eliminate the need for mega-doses, and allows to maintain cellular metabolism in balance.
- Synergy helps to correct underlying micronutrient deficiencies essential for maintaining healthy body functions.